The Burk’s Falls and District Museum was opened in 1997 and is dedicated to the pioneers who first settled in this area. Located at Wiseman’s Corners, the building is that of the original schoolhouse, S.S. #4 Ryerson. The school was built in 1893 and carried on successfully for about 45 years. The land consists of a half acre and was purchased in 1892 for $1.63; that sum included 63 feet of lumber! The museum is open from May to October, and everyone is welcome. Admission is free, but donations are gratefully accepted.